Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Collection Management Policy

For me creating a collection management policy is proving to be quite interesting.

I am amazed firstly by the fact that are quite a number of them publically available:

Georges Hall Public School - http://www.georgeshal-p.schools.nsw.edu.au/collection_management_policy.pdf
Scone Public School - www.scone.ps.education.nsw.gov.au/.../ Collection%20Management%20Policy.doc
St Marys Primary School, Swan Hall (Victoria) http://www.stmarysswanhill.com.au/library/policy.php

These are excellent becaue they give me a template for how I can present the school in question. The school featured in the assignment is hypothetical because I am not familiar with the collection management policy of one school. The practical examples as listed above are there but I am not familiar with the school in a wider context, which has to be considered when writing one.

I am already in the drafting process of writing the policy. It feels straightforward. I do have make to sure it reflects the issues that I have identified with existing collection practices. Otherwise I won't get marks.