Friday, August 2, 2019

ClickView Challenges

I have been a fan of ClickView for years now in providing excellent video libraries for schools and being able to easily source TV recordings from TV Networks and Foxtel. In addition is the ability to modify and create content for your school.

In recent times, I have been concerned with the amount of technical support that is being provided. The main concern for those that I work with any myself has been the streaming speed of video's on ClickView with frequent buffering, even after updating software.

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem and in previous schools have not encountered this problem.

In June, I was locked out of ClickView one morning simply because too many people had logged on across all schools, but I raised the matter with other schools and it felt like I was the odd one out. Everything seemed fine elsewhere.

Sometimes it seems the problem is resolved, but then a week or two later the cycle starts again.

I have responded at a school level by asking colleagues to keep a log of problems and emailing it to me This can create a paper trail to support the problems that I have.

Being a Commerce trained teacher, I do have awareness of consumer rights and at the end of the day, I will always fight for to ensure what is paid for and is delivered.

Has your school had this problem lately too?