Friday, August 9, 2019

Apollo 11 Display & Newspaper front pages

Normally, I don't mention about displays but decided to try something a little different with a display.

Recently, the world marked fifty years since the Apollo 11 lunar mission which saw man set foot on the moon for the first time.

Given that the event is about space travel and space, my library assistant and I managed to find some books while I took advantage of my library of scanned newspaper articles (associated with my ongoing work at Fab Sydney Flashbacks) to create a daily news stand featuring newspaper front pages from each day of the lunar mission. They encompass daily newspapers here in Sydney.

Below are some photos of the display as taken on a "point and shoot" camera.






I also made some booklets featuring the front pages that are on display. You may want to do one for your city or town.