Friday, March 6, 2020

Reading and Wellbeing - The Pretest

The School Library Association of NSW is hosting the first of its two biannual conferences at the State Library of NSW this week.

I have decided to attend a workshop that will focus on reading and wellbeing.

I have challenged myself to undertake a pretest where I will brainstorm what I think about reading and wellbeing.

Next week, I will look back and reflect on what I wrote.

Reading and wellbeing...

  • Calms one down when they are anxious and down.
  • Stimulates the brain.
  • Great recreational activity.
  • Motivates people
  • Allows one to play with their imagination.
  • Settles a class down, especially at the start of the period.
  • Can improve concentration in classroom settings and in general.
  • Relaxes people (even sends them to sleep)
  • Empowers other people