Friday, November 4, 2016

Library websites

Reading this article gave me an idea as I try to play with ways to attract people into a school library that may be underutilised. One positive about being a casual or temporary teacher is the ability to experiment and I have been progressively creating a template/s based on content on what I have found and links to various resources etc. It even helps me to manage the resources that I have created or used. The ultimate goal is to create a layout for a library website. I do like libguides as it allows for management of learning resources, but the cost can be prohibitive depending on the school that I might be based at, so I need to be able to have that format or layout ready to go. The fact it requires the use of Web 2.0 software allows it to happen. Anyways, I am having some fun with it. I am hoping to also write up on a Copyright Course that I am doing as I move along with it.