Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Accreditation Complete

I logged into my BOSTES account this week and found that my status is now proficient which means I am now officially recognised as a teacher in NSW. This will open some new doors for me professionally.

I would like to thank Waverley College and the following staff in particular for their support in getting the evidence together and completing the paperwork:

  • Ray Paxton (Head of College) - for his constant support in my work at the College.
  • Tony Moore (Director of Personnel Services) - Guiding me through the steps involved in submitting the evidence and ensuring that my portfolio complied with standards set by the College and BOSTES.
  • Lynsey Porter (Head of English) - Giving up her time to complete a lesson observation during Term 4, 2015 and providing useful feedback to support my professional practice.
  • Sherri Falkinder (Acting Head of Library) - Liaising with senior staff when needed and for providing me with time to prepare the portfolio. 
Also, a big thanks to Jenny Williams (Former Head of Digital Learning & Information Services, MLC School Burwood) who was able to sign off samples of evidence from my work as Teacher Librarian (Acting) in 2014 at MLC Burwood.