Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Module 8 (Web 2.0) - Managing your flow of information on the Internet

I've heard for sometime about RSS Feeds but was too lazy too to even try it.

A day after joining Google Reader, I realise how easy it is to access feeds from the internet.

I have a friend that is currently living in Chile and I find her blog a useful way of keeping in touch with us here in Australia.

I went into Google Reader this morning and walla, a new blog entry from her. I am now right up to date. I was even able to go to her blog and provide a comment.

Its so handy to have news sent to the one page.

Classroom usage - I think it would be handy in any KLA to keep a list of common news sites like The Sydney Morning Herald because from time to time in different subjects, students may be required to collect suitable articles. Through an application like Google Reader, they can easily locate articles that are suitable to their learning. This allows them to bookmark articles on delicious etc or print it out to keep on file.

I think they are also useful extensions to bookmarking sites as well.