Saturday, August 25, 2012

SCIS and Fabs

I've been lucky to have an opportunity to familarise myself with parts of SCIS in my current block at Waverley College such as locating details of resources, and available resources that the library may want to acquire.

While this has given me confidence to use SCIS in my role of teacher libarian, I have not been impressed with how we will use SCIS for the upcoming Assessment 2A of ETL505.

I think being given the two weeks to prepare is highly inadequate. For an assignment that is 35 %, the topic areas should have been given at the start of this week. For every 10 % , you need to spend a week, not 17.5 % in just two weeks. I wonder how some are going to cope.

I am sitting here wanting to begin the assignment, because I dont want to waste a moment. I cannot deal with the stress of completing an assessment task the night before at all. I like to start it early. I have found that by the time the assignment is due, it is just a matter of toning it up and making sure that it is good, and 9/10 times, this has worked in my favour. I do get a decent mark.

The only thing I can really do, is practice the exercises on subject headings. I did them all this week but I did have inacuracies. It felt like the answers insisted on a particular answer and felt like there was no leeway or flexibility. If I am making inaccuracies, that says alot about my impending performance - FAIL. I did get a fair number right, but I need to work through those weaknesses.