Monday, September 13, 2010

Overcoming the hurdles

Last week was a highly productive week as I continued to complete assignments for ETL401 & ETL501.



The portfolio in ETL401 is finally starting to take shape with drafting of Parts A & B well underway.

Part A - Nothing new to report. It's a simple question but making sure that I compare and contrast each model is the challenge. It often comes down to one word in your essay and thats what one of economics lecturers mentioned when I was studying economics in my undergrad course.



I have overcome the hurdles in Part B. To achieve this, I reexamined readings from the unit, but also referred back to Assignment 1, as many ideas that were explored in that assignment were highly relevant such as the significant role that teacher librarians have in the wider school community. I felt that to get an idea of effective standards for teacher librarians, I decided to consider the model used by the NSW Institute of Teachers, particularly in relation to how teachers demonstrate their professional knowledge through their teaching practice. It was interesting to note how Teacher Librarians are required to demonstrate professional knowledge yet the standards don't specify how it should be done. Therefore I will propose in my paper that they will need to specify it and model a proposal based on the professional teaching standards.

With Part C, I look to begin drafting it next week to enable me to reflect more in depth on my learning but also to consider the progress of Assignment II.