Friday, May 24, 2019

Back on track

It has been two months since I last posted here and some might be asking - Where have I been?

The second half of term 1 had proven to be a little too busy for me, not to mention that I had run out of some ideas to comment and/or reflect on.

I did spend Term 1 as a classroom teacher at Gymea Technology High School in an "unfilled vacancy" in their HSIE faculty, teaching all Commerce classes along with some junior Geography and History. While it was a demanding role, it was a rewarding time there, working with lovely staff and students.

I also have been working with Australian Electoral Commission as a Second in Charge at a pre-poll booth at Hurstville covering three electorates (Banks, Barton & Cook).

With the elections now over, I am back in the library now based at Bethany College Hurstville, and hopefully being back in the library gives me time to reflect on matters in our school libraries.