Friday, June 15, 2018

This BOOK Changed My Life

Trinity Grammar in Sydney recently produced a set of video clips inviting students and staff to identify the book that changed their lives.

It's worth viewing. Click here to view it.

I have been left to answer the question myself. Was there a book that I learn't something whether it is about myself or others? Did it help me make a crucial decision in life? Has there been a book that has come to define my career?

If I was asked this question, I would I have to say that the book that has stuck out most was Matilda by Roald Dahl.

Why?

  • Matilda has a love for books, just like me. She likes to spend time in the library, just like me.
  • The quest for independence in life.
  • As a kid, I could relate to her sense of maturity and thinking.
  • Just like me, she was an academic achiever. 
I think the book empowers me to overcome the demons that one faces in life, and the difficulties in human relationships, but being able to overcome them.