Friday, June 10, 2016

Teaching Availability - Mid Year 2016

I thought that being the middle of the year, I would like to remind schools that I am available for work in school libraries, either as Teacher Librarian or as a Library Assistant. This can be either in a casual, temporary or permanent capacity.

More details can be found here, but I am prepared to broaden my horizons and consider work interstate, especially Melbourne. This week I made a decision to consider some casual or temporary work down there, and contacted a school in relation to filling in a short term vacancy.

I have posted messages on various Teacher Librarian messageboards like OZTL_NET also indicating availabilty for unpaid work in school libraries. Despite what I hear of library staff being overworked etc, I have not received any responses from schools that require help, yet need someone to assist. I would like schools to consider this offer as it is not often that one is prepared to give up their time (and money) to work for free.