Monday, June 23, 2014

Teach Survive Thrive- Beginning Teachers Roadshow (IEU PD Course)

Just last week (June 10), I attended a Professional Development Session organised by the Independent Education Union (NSW) at their headquarters in Ultimo.

It was themed as: Teach Survive Thrive.The presenter was Glen Pearsall, who has worked extensively with schools right around the country. In the two hour session, he focused on classroom management and engaging students in their learning.

It did look at many of the issues that were covered in the course that I did just a few weeks ago at the Centre for Professional Learning, and the evening for me really allowed me to consolidate what I had learned several weeks ago, as well as enjoying another perspective and learning some new strategies especially keeping students on task and positive reinforcement of student behaviour

It was also a smaller group with about 20 present. Last month I was amongst 180 participants.

The course is free for IEU members and is highly recommended. Click here to find out more.