Sunday, April 6, 2014

App Evaluations - Postscript

Back in December, I had the chance to learn and apply Kathy Schrock's model for evaluating web apps for the purposes of education and teaching.

Recently I was asked at school to nominate relevant apps that were to be installed onto a set of Ipad's that were recently acquired by the school.

The Ipad arrived preloaded with the apps that had been selected by the school's IT department. Using the model, I was able to evaluate and recommend apps to my head of department. There were a number of apps that under the model that did not meet educational requirements. The model made my evaluation quite easy and quick.

What helped me too, was the completion of the IPad course that was provided by the CEO Sydney aided in my nomination of apps. There were some apps that were not featured, and I had some of them nominated and included.

In the end, it meant we were able to have the Ipads installed with relevant apps. Three of the Ipad's are now in our library which can be used by the students.