Tuesday, December 3, 2013

CEO Sydney I Le@RN with Mobile Devices - Ipad 2 - Module 3 (ii)

In reflecting on my learning for this module, I learnt two useful skills.

The first skill that I attained was learning to evaluate an app for the purposes of classroom learning. I've been fortuante as part of my Master's degree to have been taught to evaluate a web site and assess its relevance to learning particularly the usefulness of the app, features, user friendlyness, assessment and where relevant website support. I was able to apply those skills to provide an assessment of an app.

The second skill I learnt was using ITunesU to find relevant learning resources to support my teaching. I did not know that this feature is available at all whether it was on an Ipad or computer. I think there is much greater scope for its use in the classroom as I did find that the resources available were somewhat limited. I hope as time progresses more resources become available and I'd like to see if I can eventually try and host resources there for my colleagues to use.