Sunday, August 14, 2011

EER 500: An update

I am working through my first major assignment where I get the chance to examine two research questions, look at their strengths and weaknesses, and how the research literature is linked to the question.

Alot of people have doubted whether they can do 2000 words, but I knew it wasn't going to be an issue because there is alot out there you can look at. I have even examined the wording as I have found that wording is crucial in the construction of the question. A well worded question will guide one in research, but if not clear, you will find it hard. How will your audience understand it?

Personally, I found my research question poorly constructed, and as part of my evaluation I will have to find how I can adjust the question to focus on the topic and also establish an objective. Without an objective, what is the point of research? Honestly there were few strengths in it

Readings on research methods are limited, but I'm trying to link my evaluation to the literature as much as possible. Thats what will be pivotal to getting the marks - linking it to literature, not just the text by Bryman.