Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I have been fairly neglectful in posting a regular blog entry. As you can see I am endeavouring to remedy this. Over the next few weeks, I will also share my views on each topic.

Assignment One is now done and I thought I would go back to my entry from last month to answer this question. Now that I have completed half a semester, now would be a good opportunity to propose a new answer to my question: What is a teacher librarian?

It is vastly different to what I proposed at the start of semester.

The role of the teacher librarian is to teach the school community how to effectively use information and equip students with the skills that they will need for effective learning. This includes the provision of a variety of resources that will assist students in fulfilling this objective including literature and multimedia sources.

In addition, teacher librarians contribute actively to the professional development of staff through programming and proposing suitable teaching strategies that will develop skills in information literacy which will ensure that students achieve academic success.